2) When you meet with Peter please bring:
(1) Two pieces of valid government ID
(2) Void cheque or direct deposit form
3) We have opened a file for your transaction, and have started requesting all documentation. When completed you will receive an email with instructions for house insurance, identification documents and shortfall fund instructions. PLEASE NOTE: house insurance must be provided to our office before possession date to complete the closing.
4) Your financial institution will forward mortgage documentation to Peter Mason. The office cannot book an appointment until we get these documents. We typically like to have you into our office 4-7 days prior to your possession date. On appointment day please park in front of building by mail boxes, enter middle doors, take elevator to second floor, and turn left down hallway to suite #213 on left side of hallway. If you are or will be out of town around that time please let us know. Also let us know if you will be living in the property or if it will be a rental property.
5) Property Tax Adjustment - upon completion of our tax search a property tax adjustment may be required depending if seller has overpaid or underpaid.
6) Title Insurance - Please view our informative Title Insurance video at our website. Click here.
7) Please note final reports take approximately 12 - 14 weeks to complete.
8) Please let Peter know if you will require a Will, Power of Attorney, or Personal Directive as we have special pricing available.
9) Thank you again for choosing Peter B Mason - Real Estate Lawyer to handle your transaction.
We look forward to assisting you with this refinance.